Banking & Financial Services: Commercial Lending & Real Estate Finance
McDowell Rice’s Banking & Financial Services Group represents lenders in loan origination, documentation and other credit issues, involving commercial loans and real estate financing. We work with lenders to develop the best approach to loan structuring, negotiating and drafting transaction documents, regulatory compliance, collateral perfection, and inter-creditor and subordination issues. We are experienced with real estate, construction, asset-based, secured and securitized lending transactions, bond financings, specialized transportation entity financing arrangements and new markets, history and other tax credit and public incenting financing transactions.
Recent Experience and Results:
- Represented lender in $30,000,000 refinance secured by multiple Missouri nursing home loans and corporate guaranties.
- Represented lender in recent construction loans for two hotels in City Center, Lenexa.
- Represented lender in refinance of first class office building and shopping center in Overland Park.
- Represented lender in finance of office building near Dallas.
- Represented borrower in acquisition and financing of federal express warehouses in Rhode Island (Chase).
- Represented borrower in acquisition and finance (Wells Fargo) of multiple refrigerated warehouses in Midwest and South ($45,000,000).
- Represented borrower in development and financing of c-stores (Farmers Insurance Company).
- Other Notable Transactions: Acquisition of Sprint land and development of Overland Park Convention Center (City of Overland Park); Multiple financing and asset purchase transactions on behalf of middle market company ($100,000,000 revenue); acquisition, financing and expansion of FedEx warehouses on behalf of California triple net investors; sale of California studio producing “Let’s Make a Deal” (with local counsel); co-outside counsel for Kansas City Board Trade including drafting Value Line Stock Index Contract and rules.