The McDowell Rice Sustainability Challenge
As a firm, we are committed to investing in our planet by making great strides to reduce waste and create a more sustainable planet. Our main focus is to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Our current initiatives include:
- Reusing tumblers, glasses, and mugs instead of disposable coffee cups and water cups.
- Reducing our printing needs in a push to go fully digital. We are reducing the amount that we print by cutting down more and more by putting documents and forms in a digital format instead of physical files.
- Reducing the amount of energy we generate by going green with our power usage. We are powering down machines and turning off lights that aren’t being utilized, and plan to generate less electricity and lower our carbon footprint.
- Using green cleaning supplies.
- Recycling items such as bottles, cardboard, and cans.
McDowell Rice is committed to their clients and to the environment.
McDowell Rice celebrates our icon R. Pete Smith, who is being honored with a 2022 ICON Award by Missouri Lawyers Media for his exemplary career and longstanding commitment to the Missouri legal community. Pete has practiced his entire 52-year legal career at McDowell Rice and served as the firm’s President for decades before becoming the Chairman in 2012. Pete now enjoys focusing his time on the practice of law and leaving firm management to others.
McDowell Rice Recognized as a Small Business Superstar
McDowell Rice is proud to be a 2022 Small Business Superstar recognized by the KC Chamber. We were chosen along with several other small businesses all across the metro area because our business is special, bold, strong, and innovative. Congratulations!